The International Authors Forum invites you to attend the 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Where: Gunnarshouse, The Writers’ Union of Iceland, Dyngjuvegi 8, 104 Reykjavík, Iceland and Online via Zoom.
When: Tuesday 22 March at 11:00 GMT
Following the AGM, we’re delighted to host a series of panels focused on current authors’ issues. They will feature speakers representing an international range of authors’ backgrounds. Topics will cover:
- New challenges for piracy
- Modern solutions to remuneration for creators
- Authors in Iceland
Moderator: John Degen – IAF Chair and Executive Director of the Writers’ Union of Canada
New Challenges for piracy
- Thomas Dillon – Legal Counsellor, WIPO
- Pierre Olivier Lesburguères – Manager, Policy and Regional Development, IFRRO
- Mary Rasenberger – Chief Executive Officer, The Authors’ Guild, USA
Modern Remuneration Solution for creators
- Jacob Felländer – Photographer
- Paulina Holmgren – IAF Steering Committee Member and Photographer
- Alfons Karabuda – Composer and President of the International Music Council
Authors in Iceland
- Karl Agust Ulfsson – Chair of The Writers Union of Iceland
- Margret Tryggvadottir – Writer of Childrens’ and Adults’ Books
For any details please contact Thanasis Venitsanopoulos at: firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm attendance in person or ask for a zoom link to attend virtually.
If you are unable to attend, please let us know and return your proxy to us.