The Colombian Association of Translators, Terminologists, and Interpreters (ACTTI) is a non-profit professional association founded by a group of translators and interpreters of different nationalities.
ACTTI Literaria is a section within ACTTI focusing specifically on literature and humanities translation. It was created in 2017 with the aim of improving the professional conditions of Colombian and Ibero-American literary and editorial translators, contributing to the prestige of their profession and the development of culture.
Among its objectives, ACTTI Literaria:
- defends and safeguards the specific interests of its members – both at the collective level and individually – protecting their rights before the administrative, civil and judicial authorities, before book publishers and all those involved in the book production chain
- promotes, defends, obtains and maintains fair remuneration for its members
- constantly promotes a greater visibility of literary translators
- informs its members about their rights and obligations in general, particularly regarding everything that specifically concerns them, and represents professional benefits and better working conditions
- legally advises its members who undertake a specific translation project to promote the best achievement of their project
- promotes, before the corresponding instances of the Colombian legislative power, the updating and development of a legal framework that protects the copyrights of literary translators and guarantees them decent working conditions.
At the national level, ACTTI Literaria adheres to the statutes and regulations of ACTTI. In the international sphere, it is defined as a founding member of the Ibero-American Alliance for the Promotion of Literary Translation, ALITRAL, together with its peer associations:
- the Argentine Association of Translators and Interpreters (AATI)
- the Brazilian Association of Translators and Interpreters (ABRATES)
- the Autonomous Section of Book Translators of the Spanish Association of Writers (ACE Traductores)
- the Mexican Association of Literary Translators (AMETLI).
ALITRAL expresses its firm determination to keep promoting the objectives established in its founding charter in defence of the rights of professionals, their presence in society, and their continuous training for the benefit of preserving culture and the Spanish language.